Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Makeup Organization ♡

If you are a beauty lover and all your makeup doesn't fit into one cosmetic bag, don't worry because I have some great organizational tips for you. I personally don't like storing my makeup in a bag because the products in the bottom don't get used. I really like storing my makeup collection in acrylic organizers, which I will be talking about today.

My favorite part of makeup is probably lip products. I have a ton of glosses, lip balms, and a few lipsticks. I like to store lip balms and lipsticks in a 12 slot organizer from the Container Store. These containers are also handy for storing shorter products, like minis and concealers. You can find this lipstick holder: http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10030982&N=&Ntt=lipstick+holder


A way I like to store makeup palettes is in a letter holder. You can find inexpensive letter holders at office stores, Target, and the Container Store. They typically have 3 slots, which are perfect to display palettes. I like to store my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, ELF Makeup Clutch, and Neutrogena Makeup Removing Towelettes in mine. I couldn't find the white metal letter holder online on the Container Store, but I think it was around $7.00


Before I had my desk with a sliding drawer (which I now store my makeup in), I used 3 drawer acrylic organizers from the Container Store. They were perfect to hold my products and I liked how you could see the products through the container. 


If you don't have a brush roll, I would recommend you make a homemade brush holder. I made my brush holder with supplies I had in my house. I filled a glass container with rice and put in my brushes.. they stand wonderfully in the container. This brush holder is extremely inexpensive and handy!


I hope you enjoyed these tips and found them helpful! xoxo, Lauren ♡


1 comment: